Thursday, February 17, 2005

SpongeBob SquareBlog.



NO BLOGGING for a few days. Got a longish weekend coming up.



One day, Jack Kerouac. Another day, SpongeBob SquarePants. Such is the cultural variety possible in my time. We got a hold of a SpongeBob DVD recently by borrowing it. Lilly and Ann watched some of it before I got home yesterday. Lilly had heard of it, but since the cable wasteland is closed to her at home, had never seen it. Neither had I. So when I got home, I watched a couple of episodes, eyes peeled for signs of spongy undersea pre-version.



No dice. My well-honed double-entendre antenna picked up nothing. Of course, I don’t think that’s what whoever-it-is busybodies are griping about about: double-entendres are corrupting our youth. No, but I don’t have the desire to investigate this particular teapot (seashell?) tempest, beyond what I get secondhand.



In fact, SpongeBob could use some adult subtext, or at least punning. Without those, it’s just a brightly colored, not especially interesting cartoon. Lilly liked it. But remember, she’s seven. Give me Rocky & Bulwinkle anytime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home