Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Farooq’s blog.



There was enough wind last night to herald a blizzard, but in the morning only a piddly amount of snow to show for it. All sound and little fury, but the snow did drift in odd ways. Parts of my driveway were completely bare, while other places had six inches piled up like a little mountain ridge.



As I said yesterday, small posting for now. A daily curiosity, perhaps. Here’s today’s: In writing a short about the New England furniture maker and retailer Ethan Allen, I learned that the bossman there -- president, CEO and chairman of the board -- is named Farooq Kathwari. (By separate message, I advised the editor that this was correct, since I knew he might ask.) This could be an occasion to wax clichéd about this immigrant nation of ours, or joke about how all the CEO jobs are being outsourced, but I think I’ll just leave it at that.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home