Thursday, December 18, 2003

Apostrophe blog.



Yesterday's blog, and all of the archive as far as I've investigated the matter, published with the added feature of substituting random symbols -- euros signs and the like -- for apostrophes, quotation marks and dashes. For a lot of bloggers, that wouldn't be much of a problem, I guess:



hey i went to see lord of the ring today,didnt think it wastoo bad i like hobbets.



So I'll make this short. Just read around the falderol, if it happens with this post. I had lunch today at the Culinary and Hospitality Institute of Chicago, the Midwest's version of the CIA. For $12 + drink & tip, you can have a fine three-course lunch, prepared by the students, and it's almost always good. Every year around this time I go to lunch there with two old friends, someone I've known 21 years, and someone I've known 16 years.



Elk was on the menu. I had to order that. It was something like a tasty cut of beef, but not gamy. I asked the server where they got their elk, but she wasn't sure. "Our head chef" -- the master instructor, in other words -- "knows where to get game. It's hard to find."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home